Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Challenge 54~Lovely As A Tree.. Stampin UP

 Here is the second card I made for a dear customer that requested one for her Pastor's Birthday.  
I used the stamping up's Lovely as a tree set along with some scripture verses that I have had for awhile, but they didn't come in a case, and I don't recall their name.  But I do get a lot of use out of them.   
I'm so glad to find the Always Fun Challenges where the theme is "use Kraft"    It worked lovely for this card.  So I stuck with kraft color for the background which I embossed with a wood grain, then layered it with a dark brown.   I also used a nice dark brown ribbon to tie it all together.  I think the stamped tree image really pops with the lovely green color. 


I also made a quick Mother's day card for my Etsy shop.  It was quite simple but of course in the hustle -n- bustle of today, I thought I'd try and sharpen my little blade on my paper trimmer.  BIG BIG BIG mistake.. oh my gosh, I made it way worse.  SO sad because now I will have to wait to get a few blades.  DRATS~~~ My cards will have to be on hold, unless I try to improvise with something.   I'm going to have to stock up on these blades, I go through them so fast.    
Any ways I really like how the gold ribbon matches the center gold embellishments.

I'm including a couple pictures of this squirrel, he trims the tree constantly.  Perhaps I'll nickname him PB for Paul Bunyan 😉
Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  

I hope you will take a look around at my other cards, projects, and pictures.  I'd love to have you sign up and follow my blog.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~