Saturday, April 14, 2018

SUOC 197: Favorite Florals ~Remarkable You

    Well Hubby is outside with round one of snow blowing out a foot of snow.  Apparently "they" say we are in for another 6-12" later this afternoon.  I shared a picture of things so far.  I can imagine how difficult it will be for him because we live on a street with 4 lanes out front so when the big snow plows come through.. we get double the dump load of white heavy mess.   ugh.   

Any ways I'm in here making cards on the porch, and I pulled out my remarkable you stampin up set to create this card.  I have to tell ya I tried so many different techniques.. the resist.. the black magic..and all of them NO success.. so I just went back to stamp it simple and there ya have it.  A bit of coloring and of course my new favorite tool.  Glossy Accents.. whoohoo❕  I took a picture with the flash so you could see how nice it looks with shine and dimension.  
 I think the little bow  "ties" it all together perfectly.    I'm going to submit this card to the Challenge at:
I tried to find a set that was from the current annual catalog.    I don't have to many current floral sets. But gosh after seeing the designers cards I think I might need to purchase one or two😉
I've also included a picture of the little rock I drew on.  HP was my inspiration.  It's a bit elementary, but hopeful the rock painting will get better.  Or perhaps I'll stick with words and verses for "Scripture Stones"  Thinking about adding those to my Etsy shop when I make some good ones.
Also including some snow pictures and my sweet hubby plowing out the race track.  




And the one picture of my black magic card.   I really wish I would get better at this technique, I think it really pops and is beautiful when done nicely.  I suppose practice will make it better?  
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. 
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping






3 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful!! What a gorgeous flower it is! I think your black magic card is awesome, the flowers definitely do pop! I keep on practicing everything, too....but hey at least we have fun, right? Thank you so much for playing along with us at SU Only Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that sometimes it takes a few tries to learn simple is best!! But your black magic card is super gorgeous too! Good luck with the weather. This really is an awesome flower stamp set, and totally perfect for our challenge this time. So glad you joined in the fun with us at SUO Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your cards are beautiful. Thank you so very much for joining us over at SUOChallenges.com! We have a new coloring challenge up today and would love to see your entry. Please excuse my lateness in commenting on your lovely entry, I couldn't see the InLinkz entries. We are working on that now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~